Westelcom offers a fun, fast-paced work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits. Interested applicants should e-mail his/her resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
C U R R E N T J O B V A C A N C I E S
Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician
Location: Plattsburgh or Chazy
The NOC Technician is responsible for the installation, repair, and support of voice, data, and networking services. Monitoring of the network and responding to customer inquiries, from the NOC. This person is also responsible for assisting the Network Administrators and Engineers with maintenance of the Network Operations. Additionally, this position includes provisioning of new services and responding to service requests and escalated customer troubles.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Computer and networking skills in a business environment
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communications skills
- Ability to work independently and multi task
- Four years’ experience in the telecommunications/IT field preferred
- Server and database experience preferred
- Fiber optic services experience preferred
- Network + (CompTIA), Cisco & Microsoft Certifications preferred
Location: Watertown or Plattsburgh
The Network Operations Engineer is responsible for operating, provisioning, maintaining, and troubleshooting the company’s integrated voice and data network. Responsibility also includes maintaining high-level support for existing company voice/data products and services.
- Operate, provision, maintain, and troubleshoot all aspects and components of the network.
- Provide training and guidance to Network Administrators and Network Operations Center Technicians.
- Participate in professional activities to keep abreast of technical development within the Telecommunications field.
- Provide pre-sales Engineering support for medium to enterprise customer solutions.
- Provide reports to VP of Operations on network performance, capacity, growth, and engineering analysis.
- Solely or assisting Corporate Engineer with design and implementation of new network elements & products.
- Support Network Administrators and Network Operations Center Technicians with escalated troubles.
- Develop network documentation, Methods of Procedure, Standard Operating Procedures and schedules as required.
- 4 years or more experience with a carrier or service provider class network.
- Calix B6 & E7 series certification(s) or equivalent experience.
- Metaswitch provisioning & translations.
- Fiber Optic splicing, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Proficient in CO equipment installation & DC power systems.
- FTTx installation & troubleshooting
- Alcatel Lucent and ADTRAN SONET equipment provisioning & troubleshooting.
- Alcatel Lucent Packet Star Access Concentrator (PSAX) provisioning & troubleshooting.
- DACS & M13 (any manufacturer) provisioning & troubleshooting.
- DS0/DS1/DS3 and Ethernet cabling, punch-down, crimping, and termination.
- ADSL installation & troubleshooting.
- Experience co-operatively working with other carriers.
- Outside Plant build engineering and record maintenance experience.
- Ability to research and implement multiple hardware manufacturers’ equipment to create cost effective and/or custom solutions.
Customer Service Representative (Business Operations Center Representative)
The Business Operations Center Representative provides the first line customer service contact to Chazy & Westport and Westelcom customers. This position is primarily responsible for meeting and exceeding each customer’s expectations when they conduct business with our family of companies. Applicant should be sales focused and the position reports to the Business Operations manager.
- Supports all incoming customer calls, walk-in traffic and emails regarding products and services in a professional and timely manner.
- Dispatches Instillation and Repair personnel as needed for product installations and customer repairs.
- Provides basic technical support to customers and/or proficiently obtaining information based on scripting guides to assist Network Operations personnel with troubleshooting customer issues.
- Learn and understand products, as well as all applicable internal systems to process accurate requests for service moves, additions, changes and removals.
- Collect payments; establish and enforce special payment arrangements, and responsibility for cash drawer/petty cash, daily deposits, and related reporting.
- Responsible for updating internal and external databases.
- Researches billing disputes; applies appropriate treatment to customer accounts as authorized.
- Follow up on past due bills, collections and non-pay disconnects.
- Cold calling to generate leads or develop sales and upselling
- Assist Account Executives with administrative duties as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and detail oriented
- Friendly energetic personality with customer service and Sales focus
- Associates degree or applicable certifications preferred
- 2 years customer service experience preferred
- Prior experience in the Telecommunications industry strongly desired